Transform while you run
It's all about bringing out the best in you, your teams and your organisation. It’s all about making you thrive
Want to read the full case?
Download your copy here and expand your horizon.
About the client
Why client selected Twinxter
After liaising with several parties, we chose to partner with Twinxter because we knew without a doubt we would gain unrivalled support from Twinxter and Alize in our Journey.
This sense of confidence came about from the overall quality of Twinxter’s inspiring pitch, their pragmatic approach, personal purpose, extensive knowledge and experience with Agile Transformation, focus creativity and hands-on attitude.
And we felt assured, safe in the knowledge that Twinxter understood the need for a customised approach and the specific support we needed for our Transformation Journey.
Download the full case
Interested in reading more details on our approach, implemented changes and results? Download the full Roche case study here and expand your horizon.
Together, we first decided to take an iterative approach and build change and Agile capabilities within the teams that would work on the strategic initiatives. Then, we defined the WHY of the change and how that would contribute to the higher Roche purpose.
We identified the internal need for visual management techniques and introduced the teams to the Obeya. In addition, we also developed a meeting rhythm to align with each other, have dialogues about new work coming in, prioritisation, planning, problem solving, goal setting, improving and so on.
During this exploration phase we organised design sprints to check Agile hypotheses and principles. All with the aim of gaining a common understanding and to find out what value this would bring to the Roche Diagnostics NL organisation.
Collaboration was also a big topic on the agenda, as a result of requests coming in from employees. We addressed what way of working and organising would help to improve collaboration between the teams, clients and other stakeholders.
Almost 70% (!) of leaders and employees signed up to be involved in the design sprints. They began to explore customer journeys and patient pathways, adaptive operating models, what other affiliates were working on and what helped them in their transformation, and they contacted external companies to get an outside perspective on what was going on in the market.
With an iterative approach, immediately experimenting with new techniques and visual management (Obeya), they collectively started to successfully design their future organisation.
- New Operating Model in place with two platforms: one focusing on the short- to mid-term (current business); the other one on the mid- to long-term (future business). Both platforms will be supported by four enabling teams.
- Teams: squads, chapters, expertise teams and enabling teams are up & running with a clear purpose, team agreements & a rhythm.
- Introduction and continuous evolution of Obeya: the online ‘war room’ where the company’s strategy, goals and performance are accessible for all. All the teams meet here, and align on the work that needs to be done in a fully transparent way.
- Introduction and evolution of Objectives and Key Results (OKR), as our new goal-setting approach.
- Embedded company rhythm, in which goal-setting, retros and reviews take place every trimester. Progress, performance, resource planning and risks are managed by means of a bi-weekly Market Place.
- Inhouse Transformation Programme Office (TPO) team in place with change and agile skills and capabilities.
- All-time high customer satisfaction score of 85%, where customers are also getting to benefit from all the transformation efforts.
- Development and roll-out of tailored-made decision-making guardrails and framework, to empower the organisation to make the decisions where the knowledge is.
- Ultimately 100% of the colleagues were, and still are, involved in the Transformation Journey.
- Found a sound balance of how Agile could work for us: Stick to the original intent / philosophy while at the same time acknowledging (and therefore adapting) how it could work for us in the best possible way.
For more details on our approach, implemented changes and results, please feel free to download the full case study.
Esther de Rooij
General Manager, Roche Diagnostics NL